MODE Grand Opening Party Contest Rules
Après Ski Mode (the “Contest”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to individuals who are residents of, and are of the age of majority (19 years old in British Columbia) or older in Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) excluding: (i) employees, shareholders, officers and directors of: the Contest sponsor, River District Parcel 16.2 Developments Limited Partnership and its affiliates (together, “Wesgroup”), and any advertising and promotion agencies associated with the Contest (collectively, with their employees, shareholders, officers, directors and Wesgroup, the “Released Parties”); and (ii) any family members of such employees, shareholders, officers and directors with whom they reside.
- HOW TO ENTER: By entering the Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by and comply with these Contest Rules. All decisions of Wesgroup with respect to this Contest are final and binding without any right of appeal. All entries and all Release & Waivers provided to Wesgroup become the property of Wesgroup.
Entry: Entrants may enter the Contest between 1 p.m. PST on March 16, 2019 and 3 p.m. PST on March 16, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”) by completing a paper entry form at the Mode Sales Center located at 3202 Riverwalk Avenue, Vancouver. All required fields on the entry form must be completed.
Alternative Entry: An eligible participant may also enter the Contest by mailing an index card with your name, address, email and telephone number to the Mode Sales Center located at 3202 Riverwalk Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5S 0A6 provided such entry is received prior to the expiration of the Promotion Period.
Entry Limit: There is a limit of one entry per individual. Additional entries received from any individual beyond the first entry received from that individual will be void. Entries generated by automated means or which, in the opinion of Wesgroup, are intended to subvert the entry process, will be void.
- PRIZES: The following prize(s) are available to be won in the Contest: (a) Luxury Ski Vacation for 2 people to the Swiss Alps consisting of a $8,000 Flight Centre Travel Group gift certificate (which gift certificate may be used on any travel bookings through Flight Centre) and (b) Ultimate Ski Gear Package consisting of a $3,000 Helly Hansen gift certificate. The winner(s) will not be entitled to any monetary difference between the stated value of the Luxury Ski Vacation price and the actual value, if any. The winner(s) will be responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the acceptance and use of any awarded prize. No substitutions or cash redemptions of any prize are permitted, except by Wesgroup which may at its sole to substitute the prizes for a prize of comparable or greater value. Wesgroup shall not be required to award more prizes than the number of available prizes as set out in these Contest Rules. The prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-fundable, non-assignable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner(s) will be responsible for all costs not specifically identified as part of the prize. Wesgroup is not responsible for any loss, theft or misuse of the prize.
- SELECTION & NOTIFICATION OF WINNER(S): Chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant fulfilling all the requirements of the Contest Rules. A draw to determine the potential winners of the Contest will be held at approximately 3 p.m. on March 16, 2019 (the “Draw Date”) at the Mode Sales Centre located at 3202 Riverwalk Avenue, Vancouver. All eligible entries received by Wesgroup during the Promotion Period will participate in that draw. The draw will be conducted through a random draw of all eligible entries. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The entrant must be present at the Mode Sales Centre located at 3202 Riverwalk Avenue, Vancouver, on the Draw Date at the time of the draw in order to be eligible to be awarded a prize. An entrant whose entry is drawn must correctly answer a skill-testing question in order to be eligible to be awarded a prize. The potential winner will be notified by an announcement at the Mode Sales Centre at the time of the draw. If, for any reason, after three (3) announcements of the selected entrant(s) name at the time of the draw, the selected entrant has not claimed the Prize, Wesgroup reserves the right to disqualify that potential entrant(s) and randomly select another entrant(s) for the corresponding prize.
- VERIFICATION OF THE SELECTED ENTRANT(S): A selected entrant whose entry is drawn is not considered a winner of any prize unless and until: the selected entrant’s eligibility has been verified by Wesgroup; the skill-testing question has been correctly answered by the selected entrant to the satisfaction of Wesgroup; and the selected entrant (and his or her guest in the case of the Luxury Ski Vacation) executes and returns a Release & Waiver in the form provided by Wesgroup within ten (10) days of the date it is sent by Wesgroup to the selected entrant. Non-compliance with the foregoing or with any of these Contest Rules will, at Wesgroup’s discretion, result in disqualification of the selected entrant and, at Wesgroup’s sole option, an alternate entrant being selected by another draw. Wesgroup is not required to inquire into whether the information provided by an entrant(s) on their entry is correct. At its discretion, Wesgroup may waive the requirement for any entrant to provide any or all of the requested personal information, and may declare any such entry or an entry containing incorrect information to be an eligible entry.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: any incorrect or inaccurate information; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention in the entry process; typographical, printing, mechanical, human or other errors or malfunctions; any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt, use or misuse of any prize; or lost, incomplete, late, misdirected, undelivered, stolen, or mutilated entries. Each entrant releases, indemnifies, and holds harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands, and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of or in connection with the entrant’s: participation or attempted participation in the Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Contest Rules, and acceptance, use or misuse of the prizes.
- GENERAL: The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Any and all disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually and exclusively by the Courts of the Province of British Columbia, and the Contest and these Contest Rules shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia. At its sole discretion, Wesgroup reserves the right to modify these Contest Rules and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest without notice.